I am happy to present to you an account (so far) of Flat Gui's ongoing adventures in Australia! Here's a report from Tony, Gentleman Explorer:
"The call came in suddenly, I had 24 hours to pack my equipment before deploying back into the desert. Flat Gui and I packed our equipment and we were off for Injune, Queensland, Australia. I'm a little sad to say that we have not had a vast amount of time for photography. Flat Gui has been "flat out" checking over my logistics paperwork and trying to ensure that we are spending our helicopter flight time productively. The start of any project is always a very stressful endeavor."
| Checking over logistics paperwork, in his role as "Assistant in Logistical Difficulties Pertaining to Exploration, and Matters of Geological Inquiry." |
| Making friends with a tree frog. |
"We have only been on deployment for 8 days and we have already had some interesting adventures, our camp became quagmired as heavy rains forced our project to go on standby for 72 hours. When it rains in the desert the water has no easy drainage and builds up a vast amount of muck. However, that same rain storm gave the two of us an outstandingly amazing chance to view dozens of brightly colored tree frogs as they temporarily made our camp home. More adventures, and much better photography to come."
- Tony