Monday, February 25, 2013

Belated Birthday Post: My Awesome Five Year Old

I'm not going to apologize for neglecting this blog because the weeks since my last post have been full to overflowing with living, loving, making, doing and being - and those are all better and more important than recording all of that living, loving, making etc. 

On the other hand, I am glad to have a little time today to share this with you. This was Pascal's 5th birthday party, which we celebrated a little over two weeks ago. 

He asked for a "Cars" theme, and I did my best to oblige. Here is my first ever attempt at an icing transfer. Other than the backwards numbers on Lightning McQueen's side, I'm pretty happy with how this turned out! I tried to use a 'flooding' technique, but next time I think I'll try piping a buttercream transfer instead. 


Pascal invited one friend from school, and of course his best friend and cousin Daniel. Here's Daniel, Pascal and Gui enjoying hotdogs and party hats. 


I was worried I would have trouble keeping the little boys entertained for 3 hours, but Mother Nature provided the entertainment by dumping a huge amount of snow in the three days leading up  to the party!

Pascal, Daniel and (at back) Gavin.

Daniel and Gavin  bulldozing snow with Tonka Trucks.

There were a few moments where the moms were worried we might have to wade into the snow to rescue someone!

5 years old!!

Pascal and Gavin. It was easy to see why these two are friends. 

Present time! Daniel gave a Veggietales movie.

Checking out the awesome Cars puzzle from Gavin.
It was a great day for a great kid!