Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Gui's speech for school

My Baby Sister
by Guillame Cousino

Welcome Mrs. D and classmates.

I'm glad to be here today to share my speech about my sister.

Before my baby sister was born, I wanted a sister because we already had too many boys in our family. While I was waiting, I read books about babies. I collected our old baby toys for her. I was excited. I asked if she would look like me.

I wanted to call her Sarah. I also liked the name Beatrice.

My baby sister was born on September 16th. It was a Friday. My Grandma came to take care of me and my brother when Mama was having the baby. My Papa named the baby Aetheline Rose.

When I first saw her, I was surprised at how small she was. She was sleeping. I sang her a lullaby. I felt happy.

Now Aetheline is four months old. She is cute and sweet. She has long arms like me. I share my toys with her, but NOT my books.

Aetheline is learning how to communicate without crying. She makes noises and smiles. She can balance her head on her neck. She coos, drools, and grabs my finger. She is the best sister in the world!

Thank you.