Thursday, November 10, 2011

Mama fail

I fail as mom-of-a-school-kid this week.

Monday, I absent-mindedly packed a PBJ in Gui's lunch, even though the school has a peanut-free policy. Tuesday, I gave him his dramamine 5 minutes before he headed out the door instead of a half hour, so he puked it up on his bus ride to school - and was sick again on the bus ride home. (Yes, I've been medicating my poor kid on a daily basis. I haven't found any other solution to the combination of lengthy bus ride+car sick kid). Wednesday morning I was distracted in the morning and failed to oversee the getting-dressed-in-outdoor clothes, which meant that when the bus pulled up Gui had to sprint down the driveway in sock feet carrying his shoes in hand because he had been dawdling. Today, I forgot to pack his lunch entirely and he scrounged off kids in his class.

I'm kind of curious what kind of mess-up I'll make tomorrow!

(Fun moments of the week: Gui's first school picture. Gui's first Scholastic book club flyer and order form. Gui's first fire drill. Also, Aetheline is cooing and smiling a fair bit, and as soon as I can get a half-decent picture or video of it I will share that with you!)