Sunday, November 27, 2011

First Sunday of Advent

As per my family's Advent traditions, each day a different person leads the Advent meditations by lighting the advent candle(s), choosing a prayer, reading the bible passage for the day, and choosing songs to sing. Today was Pascal's day.
He chose a prayer from the Merry Mouse book of prayers. I have many fond memories of picking my favorite prayers from that book as a little girl. :-) Since Pascal can't read, he was allowed to pick people to read the prayer and reading for him.
I made copies of our family Advent/Christmas song binders for the boys so that we'd all have one. It took a while to get Pascal to choose a couple songs, and then Gui just wanted to keep singing! He'll have fun tomorrow when it will be his day to lead us.

The homily today was a call to prune away the detritus in our hearts and souls to prepare for the coming Christ. I hope this is a blessed season for all of you!