Mother's Day was a little crazy, and all of the awesome Mother-appreciation happened either before hand (Gui spent the entire week making an elaborate card, which he then lost) or afterwards. Here's my post-Mother's Day moment of awesome:
Snuggling on the couch with my boys yesterday morning, talking to them about this and that, and the topic of personality types comes up. I suggested to Gui that his mind could be compared to a bouncy ball, rattling around from one idea to another almost randomly. He liked this. Then I asked Pascal what he thought his mind was like.
At first he didn't want to say. (He was grinning and hiding his face in my arm). But then he opened his eyes wide and told me, "It's a race-car!" Pause. "...but sometimes it skids off the tracks."
As if that great analogy wasn't awesome enough, I got the sweetest compliment from him when I asked the boys what they thought my mind was like.
"Your mind is like a flower," Pascal told me with a big, shy smile. "Because it's lovely."
I melted a little, and I think that is probably the best Mother's Day gift I received this year.