Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Return of the Explorer! (Belated post)

I'm sorry for not posting this earlier. We were thrilled to have a very special guest arrive just in time for Gui's birthday, but in the ensuing busy-ness I failed to share Flat Gui's triumphant return with all of you. 

One of the advantages of flatness - your luggage and conveyance can be one and the same.

Checking out the samples and treasures from Flat Gui's adventures in the Australian desert!

Mineral samples - Malachite, Basalt, and a fossilized Trilobite.


The trilobite was a big hit! 

Doing a little research to learn more about trilobites.

Flat Gui was kind enough to bring souvenirs for adults as well. (Thanks Tony!!) 

We love that this book includes the moon landing as well as sea voyages !
Thanks again to Tony for hosting Flat Gui. I've heard rumors that Flat Pascal will be heading home soon, and then I want to send them all out again to the next lot of volunteer hosts. :-)