Tuesday, September 11, 2012

School

There's been a lot going on - and I do want to get some pictures up and do some writing about the last couple weeks as soon as I have enough time. I did not, however, want to go any longer without noting another family milestone. Last wednesday Pascal attended junior kindergarten for the first time. He had two half-days last week. Yesterday (monday) he was a little sick so I kept him home, making today Pascal's first full day of kindergarten.

I was afraid the day would be too long for him, but he came home happy and very positive about it. I asked him the same questions I always ask Gui each day:

What was your favorite thing about today?
"I found a table! With ski-ers!" 
(What are ski-ers? "Round things wif teef that fit together to make the other ones move." Oh, you mean GEARS. That's cool.) 
 "The gears were in a bag, but some of them were on the table and I took them out of the bag and I builded things!"
What was the worst thing about kindergarten today?
"Sitting." 

You can imagine how I cracked up at that. :-)

So here he is, my big kid, no longer a preschooler.